St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, October 20, 2014

God Answered my Prayers with a Yes!

There was a time that I prayed and asked God to send holy friends, spiritual friends into my life.   If you will recall, He did.

You can read about my Church friend:: "Maureen" HERE.

Now, I'd like to tell you about another friend of mine, named 

"Sandra."

I met "Sandra" at a time in my life, when my husband was afflicted with the cancer that took his life.

We met at Mayo Clinic.
Our children had been friends through high school, but "Sandra" and I had not met until that time.
Her husband was at St. Mary's Hospital having a procedure done.
My husband was there having a stem cell transplant.

We met at a restaurant for lunch.
We knew each other by sight, but I was not prepared for the impact this wonderful woman would have on my life.

"Sandra" and I talked, but she, mostly, listened.
She didn't give advice.
She was there for me.
Trust me, at that time in my life, God sent me someone that I needed, someone to be there.
 
As the years have passed, I have learned so much about Sandra and her spiritual life.
Sandra is very close to God.

Everyday, Sandra reads and studies Sacred Scripture.
Her love of God's word shows in her love for her husband, her children, her grandchildren, and her many, many friends.
 Sandra has told me that even though she doesn't pray the Rosary daily, she is always saying
"Hail Marys."
That's a great way to go!

Sandra is a wonderful prayer partner, too.
We ask each other to pray for our children in times of crisis and calm.
 Sandra feels very strongly that we must share our prayers needs with each other,
but we must also share the joys of our lives, too.

Sandra is an active member of the Catholic Church she attends.
She serves at funerals.
She attends Bible Study classes.
She attends Mass regularly.

In the community, Sandra delivers 
"Meals on Wheels," to the shut ins.
Sandra also does respite care for the elderly at the local community center.

Always active, she will help her friends, when possible.
She travels to and from to help her children.
There is nothing Sandra would not do to help her children.
Her grandchildren are a delight to her.

Sandra lives and gives.

I am truly blessed to have this wonderful woman in my life, as a friend.

Sandra, if you recognize yourself in this post,
I want you to know how grateful I am for your friendship.
Thank you for all your kindnesses to me and my children.
You are a woman of God.
I thank God for you and your friendship

 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment