St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, August 18, 2014

God Answers Prayers:: Church Friends

I asked God to send me holy people who would be friends, examples, and prayer partners.  God had already  sent me wonderful friends, friends who are close to God and who strive to do His Holy Will.  I am  blessed by their amazing friendships!  I continue to ask God for His Blessing of wonderful friendships, and I have been blessed.

I read an article about the importance of being grateful and expressing that gratitude to the people for whom we are grateful.  A suggestion in the article was to write a note to or send an email to these people on Mondays.  The fact that we express our gratitude to them will make them feel appreciated.  This expression of our feelings will also elevate our mood and makes us realize how truly blessed we are.  So, today, rather than write her a note, I decided to post about a friend of mine whom I will call Maureen.  That’s not her real name, but I know she will know that this article is written about her.

Maureen is one of those people that God sent into my life to be a friend, an example, and a prayer partner.  Maureen loves God with her whole heart and soul.  Her love of God is reflected in all that she says and does.  She is well balanced, yet, a little bit funky, and I really like that about her! Maureen always has a smile on her face unless she is deeply involved in prayer. It’s then that her soul smiles.  She serves God in our church as a sacristan and many other volunteer positions.  She seems to be always moving and full of prayer as she works. 

We pray for each others children on a regular basis.  Maureen studies Sacred Scripture.  I see her reading her well worn Bible, daily, after Mass.  She seems to find special insights into scripture that have escaped me.  When I lector at Mass, and one of the readings is written by Paul, Maureen comes in and says to me, “This one is a doozy.  Good luck.”  Or, “This one is so easy.  You’ll do fine.”  We both wish that Paul would just take a breath and add commas to his preaching. 

Maureen is a regular adorer before the Blessed Sacrament.  She belongs to the Rosary group at Church and to the Marian Prayer Group that meets on Tuesdays during adoration.    Maureen is also an extraordinary minister of the Eucharist.  She serves Jesus by taking Him to the local nursing home residents.  She’s on the go for the Lord! 

Maureen serves, praises, and brings others closer to God.  Do you see how blessed I am?  She’s an answer to a prayer and a true gift from God.

Maureen,  we both know that’s not your real name. Thank you for being my friend!  I am blessed by this relationship.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment