Found on Wikimedia Commons)
Yes, you can. Not only can you find more time to pray, you NEED to find more time to pray. We all do!
Prayer is direct communication with God. God wants to hear from us, and we need to hear from God. Through prayer, we lift our hearts and minds to God.
Without prayer, we are dry. God's love fills us with joy. This is what happens when we pray--communicate--with God. His graces flow to us and for us. We need to find more time in our busy days to open our hearts to God in prayer.
So, how can you find more time to pray?
Use Sacred Scripture to pray. Dust off that family bible and begin to read.
If you have favorite verses, find those in your Bible. If you don't own a bible, you can download one into your e-reader. There are also free resources online. Check these out and use them.
1) Now that you have your bible and you have found your favorite verses, write them down on index cards or print them out. Use only 1 verse per index card. I would say, at this point, write down 5-7 verse of sacred scripture, only 1 verse per card.
2) Tonight, read through your cards. Choose the one card that appeals to you. Put it somewhere so that you will see it the first thing in the morning. This is very important! If you don't think you have time to pray, this will help you.
3) In the morning, when you wake up, read the verse of sacred scripture that you chose the night before. As you brush your teeth or put on your makeup, slowly read the verse you chose. Ask God to help you find it's meaning for you today in your life. Slowly read it one more time. Now, let God do the work.
4) Take you verse card with you to work or as you run your errands or do house work. During your break, read the card again, and open your heart to God. He will work on you as you go through your day.
5) After supper, take a moment or two to read the scriptural verse again. Take your time. Let God enter your thoughts. He will gently guide you.
6) Before you go to bed, choose another index card. Repeat instruction #1. Before you go to sleep, read the verse from sacred scripture that you chose last night. Go through your day and let God show you how He worked in your life today. Think about what this scripture means to you. Think of how God lead you through the day with His words in your heart. Let His graces flow into you.
This process through the day takes a total of 15 minutes. This is praying with the scriptures.
I'm going to share with you some of my favorite scriptural verses. If they are also some of your favorite verses, feel free to use them. It's very hard for me to choose which verses are my favorites, but I think these are good.
This banner is my gift to you.
This banner will fit your Facebook page at the top.
Feel free to use it and share it, but if you would give me credit for the design, not the verse, I would appreciate it very much.
To save on either a MAC or PC,
Right click, save image.
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14: 6
"Blessed are the Merciful, for they will receive mercy."
Matthew 5: 7
"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you."
Jesus answered, “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one; you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ The second is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”
Please let me know if this helps you.
If you have any favorite verses, I'd love to know what they are.