St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, October 17, 2014

7 Quick Takes This Week:: This, That, and the Other...



Saints' feast days are,  
for me, like birthdays.
I tend to forget them.
I subscribe to 
Saint of the Day,
but I usually don't read the post until the end of the day.
When I think I could have been asking the special saints for special favors on their special day...
Sigh!
Do you think they mind if I ask for their help the day after their special day?





Add
1 sunset 
to
Fire Maples
and that 
equals

The Glory of God shown on earth!
 
"Then the glory of the Lord shall be revealed,
    and all people shall see it together,
    for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”
Isaiah 40: 5
 


I wish I could give attribution for this photo, but I can't.  I will if someone tells me who it is.

 Have you ever heard of the 
"Before I die" walls.
It's a global art project of love.
Often, they are started as graffiti art on old buildings that need renovating.
The buildings are removed and new walls are started on others.
People state their dreams on these walls.
I hope that I can find one near here. 
What would you post on a wall that said, "Before I die?"


Do you pray with your family before meals at home?

"Bless us, Oh, Lord, and these Thy gifts,
which we are about to receive,
from Thy bounty,
through 
Christ, Our Lord.
Amen." 

Do you pray when you go out to eat?
How about making the 
Sign of the Cross when you're out in public?

"In the Name of the Father,
and of the Son,
and of the Holy Spirit.
Amen." 

Prayer is a good habit to practice.

 



Did you know that most Catholic Churches have a scheduled time for the
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
aka 
Confession
on Saturdays?
Have you checked your church to find out what time you can go to receive this 
AMAZING
Gift of God?
If you haven't had a chance,
call the church office.
They can tell you.
You can also make an appointment with your priest so that he can hear your confession.
BTW, it's not always a good idea to post some things on  Facebook. 
(Smile and Wink)  
You know what I mean.
 

 
Pray for Pope Francis.
Pray for all of our priests.
They need your prayers.
Pray for them to be strong.
Pray for them to be courageous.
Pray for them to have peace.
Never criticize a priest.


Jesus' revelations to Mutter Vogel
Mutter Vogel was a German woman who buried in Munich, Germany.
Her book is a private revelation of Jesus' words to her.
She devoted her life to praying for priests.
 
"One should never attack a priest, even when he's in error, rather one should pray and do penance that I'll grant him My grace again.  He alone fully represents Me, even when he doesn't life after My example."

"When a priest fails, we should extend him a helping hand through prayer and through attacks.  I, Myself, will be his judge, no one, but I.  Whoever voices judgment over a priest has voiced it over Me.  Child, never let a priest be attacked, take up his defense."

"Child, never judge your confessor, rather pray much for him and offer every Thursday, through the hands of My Blessed Mother, Holy Communion for him."

"Never again accept an out-of-the-way word about a priest, speak no unkind word about them, even if it were true!  Every priest is My vicar and My heart will be sickened and insulted because of it.  If you hear judgment against a priest, pray a Hail Mary."


  Always remember,
He Loves You!

“Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
    and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
    I will not forget you!
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
    your walls are ever before me. 
 Your children hasten back,
    and those who laid you waste depart from you."
Isaiah 49: 15-17


See you at Mass this weekend!



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment