St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Gardening, Seasons, Giving Thanks to God, and Confession

Seasons.
We are blessed with 4 of them:
spring (birth)
summer (maturation)
fall (letting go)
winter (death and burial)


This morning glory plant is 
FINALLY
beginning to climb my mailbox.
I've waited since early spring for this to happen!
The tendrils are trained, and, soon, 
I hope,
the flowers will begin.
If I am patient,
next spring the seeds from this plant will again begin to grow, and the mailbox will be pretty.



The seasons have passed.
We are now in the fullness of summer. 
When I thought I couldn't bear the cold and snow of winter,
tendrils of spring would flare out.
A warm day that made an outdoor walk palatable,
A touch of green grass poking up, taller than the late spring snows.
Then, when I thought I couldn't bear the thought of the cooler days,
they began to warm, and the garden began to sprout.
Little plants that might be weeds, grew out of the garden.
Seedlings were planted.
They rooted and took well in the soil.
Then, when I thought I couldn't bear the thought of no fresh vegetables from the garden or flowers in bloom,
Summer exploded!
Now, it's hot.  Some days it's humid, but this is summerl
Now, I'm beginning to feel that I can't stand any more of the hot and humid days,
I know that fall will be coming and the cycle will be complete.

God's designs are good.
Even through the seasons, all things work for good.
All things were created for us.
All things were created for God's Glory,
We can honor Him by offering each day to Him.
We give Him the good, the bad, and the ugly.
We can honor Him by praising Him and blessing Him for the glory of creation.
God's works are good.
It is we who screw things up,
but we have a God who loves us,
no matter what.
He is a kind, gentle and loving Father, but, we need to remember, that in His role as Father,
He is also God of Justice.
He loves us, but we must be held accountable for our transgression, our sins.
Our sins hurt and offend God.
This is when we must fall on our knees, return to the confessional, and beg forgiveness.
God is there waiting, through the gift of our priests, to forgive and help us atone for our sins. 
Come back to Me,
God asks,
but we can't do it on our own.
We must humble ourselves and enter that box where our sins will be revealed and forgiven.

"Oh, My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those who are in most need of Your Mercy."
Amen.

Act of Contrition
Oh, my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended You, and I detest all my sins because I have offended You, My God, who are all good and worthy of all my love.  I firmly resolve with the help of Your grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasions of sin.
Amen.
  
After a daily examination of conscience, pray the act of contrition, go to confession, perform your penance and feel the graces from God flow into your soul.
You'll never be sorry for  righting yourself with God.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment