St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Coming Home

The mailbox is about 50 feet away on the curb.
I walked there just now, picked up the mail.
The  air, which has been so HOT in the past few days, has finally cooled.
That means our parish's adoration chapel will be cool today.

I look forward to my visit there.
I sit.  I look at Jesus in the monstrance.
  I cringe, knowing I have been weak.
Dear Lord, I've done it again.
I failed You.
I tried, but I stumbled and fell.
I know I hurt You,
and,
I knew I would hurt You, 
but I did it anyway.
Being Catholic, just isn't easy.
You, Jesus, tell us:
"If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love"
John 15:10 

Your love is so Faithful. You wait for us to return.
When we do, you celebrate and welcome us home with open arms.

"Then the father said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours.  But we had to celebrate and rejoice, because this brother of yours was dead and has come to life; he was lost and has been found.’”
Luke 15: 31-32 

Throughout our lives, You are there.
You shower us with graces.  You fill our emptiness with Your love, even when we stumble and fall,
even when we doubt.


“My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. 
2 Corinthians 12:9 

Then, tears come to my eyes when I remember

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life."
John 3:16

Thank you, Lord.
Thank You!



  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment