When the Lord blesses you with cucumbers and dill,
what can you do?
You can make pickles.
Insert sound of needle scratching a record.
If you don't have the time or simply are not blessed with the Gift of Hospitality by the Holy Spirit,
You can chop up the cucumbers and dill and mix. Add a touch of onion and garlic. Mix together. In another bowl, mix 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt or salt to taste, a dash of pepper, and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add to cucumbers and dill and mix.
That's good, too.
God blesses us daily with many seen and unseen graces.
Cucumbers and dill are graces we can see and eat!
So, how can I thank God for these blessings by blessing others?
1) Give a jar of pickles to a neighbor or shut in.
2) Send a jar of pickles to the rectory.
3) Invite a neighbor in and teach your neighbor to make pickles.
4) Have friends over for dinner, and share your pickles with them at dinner time.
5) Give away your "secret" recipe for making pickles.
You will be blessing and touching hearts this way.
I'm going to bless you, now and give you my recipe.
Click here for he link.
I love this recipe, and so do my kids.
Enjoy, and I'd love to know what you think of them!
God Bless You!!!