St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, April 10, 2015

When God Takes Over and Works in Our Lives. We just have to step aside, trust, and let Him be God! Lessons Learned:

My day started with a rude awakening
at 3 AM.
My tooth had been hurting,
and I had been to the dentist earlier in the day.
This was 3 AM,
my tooth was throbbing.
I don't remember pain like this.
Nothing seemed to help,
at long last,
the Tylenol kicked in and took the edge off.
I slept fitfully until 5 AM.
The pain was raging again.
This time,
I showered
and waited for my dentist's office to open.
I had to miss Mass, but this pain was more than I could handle.

I was told to come right in.
The dentist would deaden the pain, and then we would see what he suggested.
The xray the day before had shown nothing was wrong with my tooth.

Although His Hand was in this,
here's where God's glory began to shine.

My dentist deadened my mouth.
The pain was gone!
While he did this, the secretary was calling to get me an emergency appointment with an endodontist.
I decided to go to Perkins and get a pancake since pancakes are soft.
I had only been there 5 minutes when my mouth exploded in pain, again.
I went back to my dentist.
When he arrived, the receptionist was on the phone with the endodontist.
I had an appointment at 1:30 PM.
I was in the chair in minutes and the dentist was deadening my mouth again.
(See how God is working?  I had nothing to do with this. If this had happened today, things would have been more difficult.)

Fast forward to 10 AM.
The medication was wearing off.
I swallowed my Tylenol and took a nap.
This was good.  I woke up at 11:30.  I could eat lunch.
By the time I arrived at the endodontist, the pain was coming back.
He decided that my tooth was not salvagable, but they didn't pull teeth.
I just looked at them.
I didn't know what to say.
The receptionist was on the phone.
My dentist was gone for the weekend.
(I had no choice here but to let God be God.  Miracles do happen.)

She was like a dog that won't let go of a bone.
Another call to some maxillary specialists in town.
His nurse said he was at the hospital, but she would call him.  
The time between calls was about 10 minutes.
She started out by saying that she was only the messenger.
The doctor would extract my tooth, but he would only do it if I agreed to be put under.
I also needed a driver, and I should get up to their office as soon as possible.
I was stuck again.
(Letting God do the work was great!)

I happened to be at Hobby Lobby.
 I checked out.
A call to one friend.  No one answered.
I called another friend.
Yes, she'd be more than willing to drive me.
She'd be at my house in ten minutes.
It would take me 15 to get home.
She had the rest of the afternoon free.

I got home.
Sue was there.
I parked my car in the garage.
We were off.
This was at 2.

The procedure was completed at 5:30.
No more pain.
No more tooth, but that's okay.
God bless, Sue, she waited the entire time.

Throughout all of this,
I didn't do a thing.
God simply took over.
I was in too much pain to try to orchestrate the afternoon.

Then, as I was eating my applesauce,
I saw this amazing sunset.
God's closing gift to me for that day.

Lessons learned:
Let God be God.
Offer it Up, which I did.
God will take care of you, even if His ways are not our ways.
Don't go to Hobby Lobby before a procedure!

No comments:

Post a Comment