St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, June 9, 2014

God Sends His Consolations

It was the LONGEST Mass I have ever attended.  It only lasted one hour, but when Father said, "The Mass is ended," and I responded, "THANKS BE TO GOD!!!!!" I meant that prayer with my entire being, my heart, and my soul. 

Yes, it had been my hour to cantor at Mass.  Unexpectedly, our music director could not sing, and he brought a new cantor along to learn the ropes.  The music was difficult.
It was Pentecost.

The Holy Spirit worked with me on the virtue of Humility, again.  Mistakes.  Mistakes.  Mistakes.  And I don't mean from our novice cantor.  She did a beautiful job!  She really did.  No.  It was me.  I thought I was starting at the right time.  I missed it.  On one song, I started too early.  Name it.  I did it.

When Mass ended,  I had to pick up the purificators to wash them.  Of course, I ran into Father.  I said, "The Holy Spirit taught me Humility, again."  He replied, "That's a good way to look at it."  I wanted to crawl into a hole, but I had to help with the graduation party.

I took the box of purificators to the car to store them before I went downstairs to help.  As I walked down to Jesuit Hall, I walked past a car in the parking lot.  Then, I saw it.  God's consolation to me. 

"It's OK."

Thank you, Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment