St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, January 16, 2014

When it comes to novenas, I am ashamed to say...

I usually don't finish them.  I forget!

For those who don't know, a novena is nine consecutive days of prayer of petition or thanksgiving.

The nine days of prayer date back to the time after the Ascension of Jesus and the Decent of the Holy Spirit on Mother Mary and the Apostles.  The Apostles and Mother Mary prayed for nine days until the Holy Spirit came upon them.  The word novena comes from the latin word "novem" which means nine. 

Nine days in a row.  That is hard for me to do!  I forget.  I miss days, then I must begin again and again and again.  Well, you get the picture.

Tonight, I was inspired to begin a novena to St. Peregrine, the patron saint of cancer patients.  St. Peregrine, an ordained priest, was himself a cancer patient.  He was scheduled to have his leg amputated because of a cancerous growth.  The night before his surgery, he prayed before a crucifix for a healing.  That night,  St. Peregrine  had a vision of  the Christ Crucified coming down from the cross and healing him.  When St. Peregrine woke the next morning, he was healed.   You can learn more about St. Peregrine HERE.

Since I have decided I will pray this novena, the problem becomes remembering to pray for nine consecutive days.  As I searched the web looking for more information and prayers about St. Peregrine, I found this site!  God knows me!

Pray More Novenas  This web site will send you reminders in your email so that you can finish your novenas!  Now, the St. Peregrine novena is finished, but there are many others.  Check out the site.  I've signed up.  We all need more novenas in our lives. 


No comments:

Post a Comment