St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Has Your Saint for 2014 chosen you Yet?

That's right, I did ask you the question, has your saint for 2014 chosen you yet?  Actually, that has already happened, now, it's your job to find the saint who has chosen you to be your patron for 2014.

How do you go about discovering which saint chose you?  The easiest way that I have discovered is to to HERE.  There is a list of saints who might have chosen you.  If you like, you can download a pdf file to cut up or you can do as I do and scroll down the list to find your saint.  I like my method the best!

1) Begin with a prayer to the Holy Spirit asking Him to guide you as you begin to scroll.

2) I scroll down the list and when inspiration hits, I stop.  That is my saint.

Your family and friends can choose their saints when you do, or you can pass the link on to them.  I usually let my children's saints find me, then I tell my kids which saint chose them.  It's amazing how the saint who chooses you fits your needs for the year!  Sometimes, the connection is seen immediately.  Sometimes, it becomes known as the year goes by.

Now, I'm going to scroll the list of saints to see who will be my special patron this year.  Hold on!

The saint who has chosen me is:

Saint Andre Bessette
(celebrated January 6th)
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures,” said St. André Bessette. 
Pray for many humble souls who are not afraid to be small for God.

Amazing!  I am an artist!

The saint who has chosen my daughter is:  
Blessed Mariam of Bethlehem
(August 26th)
“Little Lambs, do not be afraid of God! Call on God alone and entrust yourself to Him and do not be afraid. Jesus
is madly in love with Man”
Pray for the liberation of those who are under the power of darkness

That will be interesting for her.  I don't see the connection yet, but she might!

The saint who has chosen my son is:

Saint Stephen, first martyr, celebrated Dec 26
“And Stephen, full of grace and power, did great wonders and signs among the people. Then some of those who
belonged to the synagogue of the Freedmen…disputed with him. But they could not withstand the wisdom
and the Spirit with which he spoke…And gazing at him, all who sat in the council saw that
his face was like the face of an angel.”
Pray for the gift of profound holiness.

Wow!  That is interesting, too!  

Which saint has chosen you?















No comments:

Post a Comment