St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

In The Silence - Part 2

Lord, I have sat in silence waiting for You.
I have come to Your temple to adore You, to worship You,
but I don't hear You.
I hear nothing but silence and more silence.
There are others here praying and seeking You.
Do they hear You?
Do they know You?

I have let the silence envelope me as You have said.
I have waited patiently for You to speak.
I have heard nothing in the ears of My heart.
I didn't know that silence had a sound.
I have seen nothing in the silence.
I didn't know that silence can be seen in my heart.
I have reached out and touched the silence.
I didn't know that silence could be held in the palms of my hands.
I have opened my mouth and tasted silence.
I didn't know that silence had a taste.
I have inhaled the silence.
I didn't know that silence could be scented.

Lord, where are You in this silence?
I am waiting, but I think You have forgotten me.

Should I leave and look for You in the streets where people walk by, afraid to make eye contact.
Should I leave and go to the grocery store where I see the young mothers with their children as they shop?
Should I leave and visit some of my friends?

You've asked me to stay, and I have,
but Lord, I cannot hear You.

No comments:

Post a Comment