St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Learning to Pray with the Heart - Part 3

We must bless and forgive those who have harmed us.  God will be their judge just as He will be our judge.  We must forgive.  When we feel that cannot bless those who have hurt us, then we must ask God to bless them. We must ask God to forgive us and bless our enemies.  When we do this, we entrust our hurt and pain and healing to God,  knowing He will work in our lives and in their lives, and we will all be closer to His Sacred Heart.  Your forgiveness will save souls.  In return, you will be blessed.

When we lift up forgiving hearts to God, our burdens are lessened. Our hearts are more open to God.  Our thoughts are not on our pain, our thoughts seek our God who is Love Eternal.  We begin to pray with our hearts.

 At last, God has the chance to work in our lives.  We are open to His Unending Love.  We seek God's Will in our lives.  No longer do we demand that God work in our lives according to our thoughts and desires.  We give God the opening in our hearts to fill them with His Love and wait for Him to heal that which needs healing. 

To demand that God do our will places God in a secondary position in our lives.  This is sin, but God's Love is everlasting and unending.  His forgiveness is Love.  Through the sacrament of confession, we can ask God for forgiveness, and this gift will be granted when our repentance is sincere.  Through the absolution of the priest in the confessional, we are once again reconciled to our Triune God.

Lord, this is harder than I thought it would be.  I want grow in Your Love and Graces.  Thank You for this chance.  I am having a hard time forgiving.  I can only say that I choose to forgive those who have hurt me.  I still hurt, but if this is Your Will for me, I accept the pain for Love of You and Love of Souls.  I ask You to bless those who have hurt me.  I ask You to give them the graces you give to Your most beloved souls.  Lord, I am yours.  I do forgive.  Give me the strength.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment