St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Learning to Pray with the Heart - Part 1

Ask God for the Gift of Prayer.  Ask God for the Gift of Prayer with the Heart.  Then become aware of what God is doing in your life.

Pray with your heart.  Begin with simple, vocal prayers, favorite prayers, perhaps prayers remembered from childhood.  As you vocalize these prayers, focus your total attention on God.

Put yourself in the presence of God knowing that He knows your thoughts before you think them.  He knows your heart, and He loves you.

Put yourself in the presence of God knowing God is madly in love with you.  Remember that He thirsts for souls.  He thirsts for your soul.

Put yourself in the presence of God and listen.   “Be still and know that I AM God.”  Be still.  Listen for that whisper that comes from the heart of God.  He loves you.  He loves you in silence.

Whisper in the silence.  Tell  God how much you love Him.

Praise Him with words.
Praise Him in song.
Praise Him and invite Him into your heart remembering that He is God and you are His child.  There is none greater than Him.

Allow yourself to begin to move more deeply into prayer.

Thank God.
Thank God for His greatness and glory.
Thank God for His Blessings, knowing that He works in our lives in ways we, often, don’t understand.
Thank God for the blessings that sometimes come as pain.
Thank God for the blessing of family and friends.
Thank God for your life.
Thank God.
In times of great stress and sorrow, thank God. 
When the storms arise, thank God. 
When our hearts are broken, thank God. 
No matter what, Thank God! 
Put God at the center of your prayer.  Focus only on Him.  Forget the world.  God is your world.  Love Him and Praise Him.

My God! My God!  You are the source of life, the balm of souls,
Teach me to pray.  I give myself to You.  I surrender myself to You.
I am yours, My God!  Teach me.  Mold Me.  I want to pray.  I ask You for the gift of prayer, but more than that, I ask you for the gift of prayer with the heart.  Thank You, Lord, may Your Holy Will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment