St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

God Raked The Leaves This Year - Finding God in the Ordinary

God took care of the leaves this year.

     You get to that age when you are really concerned about falls, and, justifiably so.  Who wants a broken hip, arm, or any other body part?  I know I don’t, and I didn’t when it happened.   I missed a step at home fell, heard pop! pop! pop!  In that single motion, I managed to fracture a bone in my foot and sprain my ankle.  Ouch!  The result of this fall was that I had to slow down.  Hospice work is not an option for a while.  Then there’s the yard work.  I love doing our yard work, but this year, Ouch!  I couldn't.  So, it was time to find someone to take care of those beautiful leaves falling from the fire maples in our front yard. 
   
     Our city schedules a time to pick up the leaves in our yards that are raked to the curb, but our Monday was here, and I was in a boot with no way to get outside and blow the leaves to the curb.  Not only that, the leaves were clinging to the tree this year.  They just didn’t want to fall!    The fire maples were splattered with bright oranges, reds, and yellows! 
   
     I called a couple of places that mowed lawns in the summer.   No one called me back.  I finally decided the leaves would just have to remain on the lawn until next year.  I offered up the frustration, and  I moved on, sort of.  Later, I was still tapping the boot my foot was encased in to heal.   There was no way I could solve this problem. 
   
    Enter God.
   
    That night, the weatherman predicted a front moving into our area that would bring us much colder weather.  We'd have a windy night and a windy day the next day.  I was hoping, but I knew there were so many leaves on those trees...
   
     God smiled. 

    When I woke up the next morning, not only were there no leaves on the trees, the leaves in my yard had disappeared!  There were no leave left to rake.  I had to return God's smile.  I hoped my neighbors wouldn't be too upset to see their yards full of leaves, but when I looked around, I didn't see extra leaves in their yards either.
   
    Where did they go?  Only God knows.  I hope that the angels were able to bag the leaves before they were sent to be sources of grace for other people. 

Thank You, Heavenly Father!  You had mercy on me!  Thank you!  Please bless all those people who found those beautiful leaves in their yards,  then raked, and bagged them!  Praise You, Father!
#Finding God in the ordinary

No comments:

Post a Comment