St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Who? God? Sense of Humor?

About 5 years ago, when life had become very difficult, at best,
God began to send me His Loving consolations.
One day,
Pixie and I were out walking, 
almost home,
when,
out of nowhere,
a ginkgo leaf floated down to the pavement in front of me.
There was no wind or breeze.
The leaf just floated in my path.
 
I knew what that leaf meant:
Hope.

At the time, I had little hope, and I was very depressed.
In Japan, the ginkgo leaf is a sign of Hope.
I realized that this was a consolation that God had sent me to say,
"Be strong.  Have hope."
 
I took a picture of the leaf, and I framed the leaf.  
Now, there were 3 other framed leaves in my "gingko" collection of Hope.

 So, every year when I am in that area, I wait for my ginkgo leaf, my consolation, my hope from God.
This year, it didn't happen.
I said a prayer one day,
"Lord, where is my consolation?  I have not even seen a ginkgo leaf this fall."
The next day,
I found 2 leaves. 
I was happy.  I framed the leaves with a beautiful, red maple leaf.

Fast forward to last Tuesday.
The news had been very good.
I can't say more than this because it would violate someone's privacy.
Trust me, the news was good.

As we walked towards the parking lot, I looked down, and I saw the leaves.
Not just one.
Not just two, 
but almost all the leaves that had fallen off a ginkgo tree were right in front of me.
I started to laugh.
I knew what that meant. 
God had sent me these consolations!
I felt He was saying,
"See?  I told you everything was going to be all right.
I created the universe.
I keep it in motion.
I gave you a beautiful earth on which to live!
I filled this tree with leaves so that, today, when you walked into that dark, parking garage,
you would see Me in the gift of these leaves and laugh.
 
Trust Me.
That's all I ask.
Trust Me!"

I laughed the rest of the afternoon.  I was filled with joy at the extent of my consolations!

Jesus, I Trust in You!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment