St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Worth Repeating: Snippets of God - Where do you Find God! I found Him in 100 Different Ways in One Day, on this Day of Love!

Where do You Find God?

The rosy, red sunset.
The touch of a warm breeze in the dead of winter.
The Sloppy, Wet Kisses from my dog.
The smile of a stranger on a bleak day.
Sunrise a few minutes earlier in the day.
Huge, fluffy snowflakes that you catch on your tongue.
Getting home safely when the roads are hazardous.
The Rosary centered in my Hand.
Early Morning Mass.
The Eucharist.
The Joy of seeing friends up early to worship side by side.
The priests who dedicate themselves to God.
The back of the Church, my favorite place to pray
The confessional where I reconcile with God
Breakfast with a friend
Pancakes and bacon
The women and men who pick up my trash on a cold day
The red cardinal that stalks my yard for food
The young man who shovels my sidewalk
The deer I saw scamper through the ravine
The car that stopped to offer a ride to someone walking in the cold.
The pharmacist who gave me advice on my medication
Claire, a young friend who is having a baby
My warm blanket
A delicious meal with a friend
The silence of old friends when words are not needed
The joy of a new friend
A prayer group
My dog cuddling with me in bed
Friends I’ve never met, except online, but are dear to my heart.
The thought of spring getting closer.
Thoughts of Rain
Memories of Thunderstorms
Thoughts of Flowers
A rosemary bush growing inside
The images collected by my camera
Sunrise
Stacks of books ready to read
Notebooks with blank pages for writing or drawing
Silence
Music
Wonderful smelling shampoo
Diet Coke
Great food and drink with friends
A gathering of minds for discussion
A wet bump noses from my dog, even if it’s at 4:30 AM
My lava lamp
A wonderful haircut
Snow and easy driving
Prayer
Prayer with Friends
A phone call from a much loved cousin
A kind word from a friend
A blessing from a friend
A special prayer group
A priest in full vestments saying weekday Mass
A priest who has taken a fifth vow as a slave to Mary
Marian devotions
Remembering the smell of ozone after the rain
The joy of a new baby
Kicking back and reading a book
Whispering a prayer of thanksgiving
A Happy Mistake
A Photo which brings tears to your eyes
Sun Dogs on a cold day
A video which makes you laugh
The kindness of a stranger
The flow of graces after confession
The Whisperings of the Holy Spirit which inspire you to go to confession
A good book
Warm socks on a cold day
A crochet scarf to keep my neck warm
Fingerless gloves which keep my hands warm
A light breakfast
Fresh orange juice
Being home on a snowy day
Lighting a fire to keep warm
My IPad
A wonderful haircut
A luxurious shower
A warm  fluffy towel
Homemade soap
Homemade lotion
Warm, fluffy slippers
Fresh air
A car that starts in the cold
Good sturdy boots
A walk in the snow crystals
Not falling down on the walk
A light in the dark
A flashlight with fresh batteries
A shoveled sidewalk where I plan to walk after the snow
A dog who loves to walk in the snow
A dog who walks slowly in the snow
Putting on my glasses and realizing they are clean
A meal in the crockpot that’s ready for supper
Candles with supper
Soft napkins
Colorful plates
Crusty bread spread with coconut oil



No comments:

Post a Comment