St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Prayer for Our Children

From Conception to until their deaths, our children need our prayers.
Here's a prayer I wrote for them.

Lord,
I ask You this, knowing that no prayer goes unanswered, but each prayer is heard by You with love, to be acted upon in Your time and Your way.  Bless  my children with Your  Fatherly  blessing and Your Sacred Grace.  These children with whom You blessed me need You. I ask that, in times of sorrow and stress, they seek to do Your Will with joy.  I ask You to give them undeniable clarity of your Will for them.  I ask You to give them strength and courage to follow You.  I ask You to enfold them in Your wings as a mother hen protects her chicks.   I ask You to make them saints, great saints.  I ask You to open their hearts and souls to Your whisperings so that they might come to realize Your great love for them.  

When the time is right, if it is Your Will for them, I ask you to send them holy,loving spouses so that by fulfilling their vocation of marriage, both will continue to grow in holiness, helping each other with love and grace.

(Add this part if your children are adults.)
Lastly, I ask You to give me the wisdom to know when to speak and when not to speak,  trusting in Your tender love for them.  I ask You for the wisdom to advise and guide, if I am asked.    I ask You for the grace to share Your love with them.

I praise and thank You!
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment