St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Doing the small things...Are you Willing?

Mother Teresa once said:
"There are many people who can do big things, but there are very few people who will do the small things."

Taking out the garbage.
Cleaning out the kitty litter 3 times a day.
Walking the dog.
Picking up after the dog leaves it's, ahem, waste behind.
Doing the dishes.
Cleaning the windows.
Cleaning the bathroom.
Being on the clean up committee at church.

I gave up on saving the world many years ago.

I think this is God's way of saying,
"It's the joy in doing the small things that I want you to have.
Learn from this."




So, when I take out the garbage with a smile;
when I clean the kitty litter 3 or more times a day without complaining;
 When I walk the dog;
When I pick up after Pixie; 
When I do the dishes;
When I clean the bathroom;
When I clean up after an event at church,
and I do it with joy for God,
without complaining,
then,
in a very small way,
I have brought more peace to the world.
I have shared my joy in God.

I guess we have enough people to save the world, though they don't seem to be doing a very good job of it, but they try.
That's their vocation,
this is mine.  

Praise God from whom all blessings come!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment