St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, February 23, 2015

Did you Know that there's a Saint for Toothaches?

Her name is
St. Appollonia.
I found this in my new prayer book,
"Healing Prayers." 

This book bears the impramtur of the
Most Reverend Bishop William C. Skurla, D.D,
Bishop of the Eparchy of Van Nuys.

I carry this book with me in my purse. 
It is a treasure trove of prayers for all that ails you,
whether it be spiritual, mental, physical, or emotional.
Only 96 pages long, this is not a book you read, but it is a book you use.

This beautiful prayer book begins by talking about healing through history and explains why we are in need of healing today.

The book has the standard, ancient 
prayers and scriptures.
Then there are instructions on how to pray using the scriptures.
This book also teaches you how to find your 
"prayer voice," through journaling.
Here is a sample journal I wrote using the direction given in the book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sweet Jesus,
Here I am at Your feet again.  My whole life needs healing.  I don't know how things got so out of control, but everything is way out of control.  Help me, please.  You are the Divine Physician.  You are my God!  Lord, I'm not worthy, I know that, but I beg Your forgiveness and healing.  Amen.

My Precious Child,
I know your life needs healing.  I know your life is out of control.  I will help you.  I will forgive you.  Peace waits for you in the confessional. Seek forgiveness first, then you will see how I can heal your life.  You must be patient.  Healing will come, but you must be patient and trust Me.  I love you.
Jesus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are healing affirmations, prayers for the healing of families, prayers for others, and even a prayer for healing during times of 
insomnia!

"Healing Prayers"
was published by Aquinas Press.

I am so glad I stumbled on this book.
It is an avenue to teach us how to pray, not only for ourselves and our healing, but to learn to pray with the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment