St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Sunday, February 1, 2015

My Feet Are Cold!!!

My Feet Are Cold!

Offer it up.

My shoes are uncomfortable.

Offer it up.

The old lady right in front of me just did something she can’t hear, and it smells.

Offer it up.

The homily is too long.

Offer it up.

The songs are too high to sing at Mass.

Offer it up.

My kids feet stink!

Offer it up.

It’s too hot outside.

Offer it up.

I ordered a choco-mocha latte and got a diet coke instead.

Offer it up.

I’ve waited over half and hour for the doctor.

Offer it up.

The sun is too bright.

Offer it up.

I’m so hungry!

Offer it up.

I’m too cold.

Offer it up.

My Heart is broken.

Offer it up.

I have a fever.

Offer it up.

That car cut me off.

Offer it up.

(See a trend here?)

Offer it up.


Why do we “offer it up?”

We offer our sufferings to God because our suffering is never wasted or meaningless when we join our sufferings to those of the Jesus on the cross for the salvation of sinners, the atonement of sins, or the forgiveness of sins.
We may also offer our sufferings for the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for the sick and suffering, or for  special intentions.
You may also offer up your sufferings and ask Jesus to do with our sufferings as He chooses.

So, the next time you stub your toe, run late for a meeting,

OFFER IT UP!
Your prayers and offerings are never wasted.












No comments:

Post a Comment