St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Guardian Angels, Another Source of Grace from God

They are our loving protectors.
Every person ever born or that will be born has a guardian angel.
Each angel is assigned to a person for their life time, even a baby who is aborted has a guardian angel.
Imagine the sadness of that angel who sees the life of their charge ended before the baby has been born.
Our angels are with us throughout our lives.  They influence us in many ways, including using our imaginations to bring us closer to God.  They remind us that God is near.  They remind us that God loves us.  They remind us that God is God, and that He has our backs.
The guardian angel is a gift from God.  The angel brings us graces that will help bring about our salvation.
We, of course, because we have been given the gift of free will,
can reject these graces.  However, that does not discourage our guardian angels from doing their jobs or protection, influence and loving their charges.   Angels are a dogma of the church.  They are part of the truth of God.  It is in our best interests to have a devotion to our angel, to pray to them for strength and courage, and to use them to go before the throne of God and offer to Him our prayers, good works, and sacrifices.

Our angels are given to us freely from God.  If, when we die, we are challenged by evil, our angels are with us to help us and strengthen us.  If we are judged worthy of Purgatory, our angels are with us encouraging us, praying for us, and being an intermediary between God and man.

So, knowing this, how's your guardian angel these days?
From my experience, I think my angel has a severe headache on some days.  
My angel must be exhausted and often wonders why God assigned him to me.
I hope he has a sense of humor.
I know that angels are pure spirits and most likely are neither male nor female.  I simply refer to mine as male.  My angel does not have a name that I have given him.  I can only assume that God has named my angel, but that I will not know his name until I die.  The angel is a superior being to mankind.  It is a sign of great disrespect to the angel to assign it a name. So, I do not do that.

I don't feel that I pray enough to my angel.  I think this is something I need to do more frequently and regularly.  God has given this gift to me, and I need to use my angel as often as possible.
I have sent my angel, even as a teen, when Padre Pio was alive, to him.  I will do that now when I feel I need to get the attention of this great saint.  I usually do get his attention then.  I will also send my angel to my children's angels and ask him to tell them I love them and to give them a hug and kiss from me, which I assume is a peaceful blessing.  I don't know that my angel can do this, but I think it's worth a try.  I also pray to my children's guardian angels asking them to protect my children and guide them in the ways of God.

Angels are remarkable creatures.  They are not the new age creatures that are often so popular now.
God gave us angels out of His love for us.  I'll grant you that they are from the lowest class of angels, but if an angel can guard and protect you, think of what the upper classes of angels can do.

I once asked Father O. if each Catholic Church had it's own guardian angel, and he told me that they did, so I pray to the guardian angel of our parish.  I also pray to the guardian angel of our town, of our county, of our state, and of our country.  I have also prayed to the guardian angels of other countries, particularly those countries whose leaders seek to harm us.  

We can also pray to the guardian angels of those people who seek to harm us.  Right now, the guardian angels of both North Korea and it's leaders come to mind.  We also need to pray to the guardian angels of people who are engaged in evil,  such as isis.  They need our prayers desperately.

We can keep our guardian angels busy.  They will love it because they are always in the sight of the Beatific Vision of God and they seek only to do His Will.

Be grateful to God, on a daily basis, for this spirit who guards us from evil.  There is a spiritual world which we can't see where there is a great battle for souls daily, and this battle is never ending.
St. Michael the Archangel is one of the angels involved in this war for souls.
Pray to him for your children.  
Pray to him for your soul, too.
He will help and protect you along with your guardian angel.

Say this prayer daily:

St Michael, the arch angel, defend us in battle  Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.  May God rebuke Him we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Hosts, by the power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.  Amen.
(I add)
Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Have Mercy on us.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.
Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment