1) Advent. The time of preparation for the birth of our Savior.
Advent lends itself to preparation in meditation.
Imagine you walking with Mary and Joseph on the way to Bethlehem.
What do you see? What do you hear? What happens when you arrive?
2) Christmas Eve. The home celebrations. We remember the Baby being born in the stable, surrounded by angels who will proclaim His birth to the poor of the world.
3) Midnight Mass. There is nothing as wonderful as this gift of Midnight Mass. Let the temperatures be below zero and snow pouring down.
I will worship God at Midnight Mass.
4) Christmas morning memories! I remember the kids waking us up to open presents! I remember their joy at the birth of Jesus. He was a little kid, too, and they related to His life!
5) The Marian feasts in December. The feast of the Immaculate Conception on December 8th. This is a holy day of obligation. Our Lady of Guadalupe on December 12th. There are many more feasts of Our Lady in December. Here's a link to see the others.
6) This year, I will complete a consecration to Our Lady on December 8th. Pray for all of us who are consecrating ourselves to Our Mother.
7) The Winter Solstice is on December 22nd. That means from the 23rd on, the days will become longer and that spring is on the way. What a gift from God.
8) The end of December means the start of a New Year. May God bless us and protect us!
What do you love about the month of December?