St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, December 10, 2015

My Advent Journey, So Far...

My dream about this post was to say,
"My Advent journey has been amazing!  I've grown closer to God by leaps and bounds. Nobody could be more prepared than I am to receive Him into my heart on  Christmas..."
Sadly, my journey has been nothing like this.
Instead, my journey has been filled with challenges I never expected.
I'm not being pulled out of my comfort zone,
but I am being called upon to trust and accept the Will of God.
Yikes!
I'm dealing with sickness and aging.
My daughter picked up a cold and has been home, in bed, with a cold.
For most people, this is nothing serious,
but she's only 5 months out from a stem cell transplant, and a cold can make her very ill.  This time, she was lucky, and her cold didn't develop into pneumonia.  That was good, but it has been frightening for me, to the point of having panic attacks.
During this Advent Season, I know that God wants me to trust and accept.
He's working with us now, even if we can't see His work
Even now I gulp.

My dog, Pixie, developed a lumbar stenosis, which happens to some greyhounds as they age.
Aging.
Pixie is 11 years old.  In human years, she's 87.   That's old.
The pain is under control, but there are other side effects.  This is a progressive condition.  
I know that she is going to die someday, but this stenosis, which came on suddenly,
made me aware that I have been blessed with her for 6 years.  
These years were way too short.  I will cherish the time we have left together, but one day,
Pixie will run at the rainbow bridge with my other dogs
I weep as I write this.
Yet, I must praise and thank God because she was the right dog for me at the right time.
Trust and Acceptance

Today, I sort of dozed during Mass.
I didn't mean to sleep, but I did.  I can't blame it on the homily.  I'm just tired.
In spite of the falls and failures,
God has given me a gift.
He has challenged me to learn to trust Him and to accept His Holy Will.
He wants me to welcome Him into my heart on Christmas with more love than I have ever had before this season

My journey is difficult, but I know He loves me.
Hey, Pope Francis opened the doors of Mercy for the world.
'His Mercy endures forever!"
Can I learn to trust and accept this seaso?
I hope so, but until later...
I'll pray for you if you pray for me!
Thanks!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment