St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

God was Especially Good to me Today and a bit of math for Patience and Healing :: All for the Greater Honor and Glory of God!

 "And wherever He went, into villages or cities or farms, they laid the sick in the marketplaces, and begged him that they might touch even the fringe of his cloak; and all who touched it were healed."
Mark 6:56

 Day before yesterday, I was convinced that I would be enduring another month of sharp pain coming from my thumb and any movements of my palm and hand.

3 doctors told me I had tendonitis of the thumb.  We had tried everything.  I had done everything.   No relief.

The last doc wanted me to see the orthopedic docs in our town.  I was willing.  The next appointment with  the orthopedic doc  was on February 11.  I cried. 

I was pretty sure I would not make it that far, so yesterday, after the clinic opened, I called to see if I could be put on a cancellation list.

"Let me check," she said.  "How about January 23rd?  That would help, wouldn't it?"  I'll take it.  The night was difficult.

Today, a  friend who works in another clinic suggested, today, that I call and make sure I am still on the "will call list."  I did.  The person on the phone said, "Let me check."  She came back, "He's here today.  If you can be here by ten, he'll see you." 

I was there by ten.  Even though I had to wait a half an hour to see him, I knew I would not complain. God is good!

 I have some relief.  I was diagnosed with De Quervain  Tenosynovitis.  The cortisone shot I had begged for from the other doctors was injected, and my wrist feels better.  I have to practice the virtue of patience.  If my wrist is not much better in 2 weeks, I have to call, but I have to wait two weeks.  He will schedule surgery.  That will take about another two weeks, but it's an office procedure.  It takes about ten minutes.  Then you go home.  It's done with a local anesthetic.  If needed, that is an option.  Two weeks later, the stitches are removed.

Patience and math.  Jesus and Healing.

God is good.

I had to make another appointment today with my cardiologist.  God is good.  What I thought would be another 2 week wait turned in less than a 24 hour wait.  I see her tomorrow at 1.

Ordinary blessings for some, for me extraordinary.

"When the woman saw that she could not remain hidden, she came trembling; and falling down before him, she declared in the presence of all the people why she had touched him, and how she had been immediately healed."
Luke 8:47


Thank you, Jesus! 

No comments:

Post a Comment