St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, August 22, 2014

7 Quick Takes This Week:: Things


Sometimes, when the road becomes rough and what lies ahead is a mystery. When all seems lost and the storm batters from all sides.

These words are heard in the quiet of your heart::

 Three times I appealed to the Lord about this, that it would leave me, but He said to me,

 “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.”

 So, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

 2 Corinthians 12: 8-9




I found these Ginkgo leaves
yesterday.  Another consolation from God even in the midst of the storm.


"Those who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength, 
they shall mount up with wings like eagles,
they shall run and not be weary,

they shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40: 31












 Pixie and I took a long walk this week.  We stood on this old rusty bridge.
Would we fall into the water if the bridge collapsed?
Yes, I suppose we would, but the odds are that we would be all right if we did.
Sometimes, life is all about
Trust

Trust that God knows what is best for us.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not rely on your own insight."
Proverbs 3: 5 
 



I've learned a lot this week.
One of the most important lessons I have learned is that there is a purpose for everything,
whether it be suffering or joy.

The only exception I would say that there is to that statement is::

BEETS.

I see absolutely no reason for beets.











 For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
 a time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; 
 a time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up; 
 a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 
 a time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 
a time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to throw away; 
 a time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 
 a time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:: 1-8 

--- 5 ---


 Even Peter stepped out on the water, but when he took his eyes off of Jesus, he became afraid and began to sink.  I am comforted by the thought that this great saint, our first pope was fearful in a storm.  He whom the Lord chose to lead His Church on earth, lost faith at times, too.

So Peter got out of the boat, started walking on the water, and came toward Jesus.  But when he noticed the strong wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!”  Jesus immediately reached out his hand and caught him, saying to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?” 

Mathew 14: 29-31 


--6--

Even a toad does God's Will by the nature of it's existence.  A toad only knows what a toad knows, and that's the Will of God because the toad does only what a toad will do which is the Will of God.   We can all learn from a toad.



"So do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is."
Ephesians 5:17 







In the midst of the storm,
until the storm has passed,
His Promises are clear::

"Do not fear, for I AM with you,
Do not be afraid, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you. 
I will help you,
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand. "
Isaiah: 41: 10






















For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment