St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Do you Ever Wonder Why Those People Come into Your Life?

Sometimes, they are only there for a moment.  Sometimes, they are there for a week or a month or a year or years.  No matter what, every person who comes into your life is there for a reason, no matter what.

"People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime."  author unknown

 I wondered why I had to get into the line with the crabby checker.

I wondered why I had to get behind that person driving that car that will not go above 20 miles per hour in fast moving traffic.

I wondered why those two homeless men mocked my hair as I served them food.

I wondered why that frightening young man dressed in gang type clothes looked at me as I walked past him.

I wondered why I that sweet elderly lady smiled at me.

Good.  Bad.  or Indifferent these people were there for me, and I was there for them.

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope" Jeremiah 29:11

 Through the years, I have come to realize that prayer is the answer for me.  I am being asked to be a source of grace for them. 

 During the apparitions at Fatima, Our Lady said to  Lucia,  
"Pray, pray a great deal and make many sacrifices, for many souls
go to Hell because they have no one to make sacrifices and to pray for them."

 As I drive down the street, I see some young people, and I whisper a prayer to Jesus,

"Please do not let their souls be lost."

 When I hear the homeless men mocking me, I say, "Oh, My Jesus, forgive us our sins.  Save us from the fires of hell.   Lead all souls to heaven, especially those who are in most need of Thy Mercy." 
When the nurse at the hospital offers to help me up from the floor where I was making a phone call, I realize that she is a source of grace for me.

Lord, bless this woman for her kindness to me.
Bless her and keep her soul holy.
She serves you well.
Do not let her soul be lost.

When someone is rude to me, I say, "Forgive me, Lord, for the times I have been rude.  Bless her and make her day better.  Do not let her soul be lost."

After prayer, the other reasons are that the people who come into my life are there to teach me:: PATIENCE, KINDNESS, FORGIVENESS.

God has it orchestrated well.
That's why each soul we meet,
Each soul we touch,
Is in our life for a reason.

 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment