St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, June 26, 2015

Ending The Week in Praise and Thanksgiving

"Rejoice always,  pray constantly,  give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18

1) Lord, there were some rough days this week, I mean they were rough.
I know Your Graces are enough for me,
I did get through this week.
Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your help.
 I praise You! I bless You!!  I adore You!!!

2) I learned a very important lesson today, and I have to admit, I probably should have learned this before, and that lesson is that when I step out of the way, and I let God be God, things happen, and they happen in the most creative of ways, and with a slight touch of humor!

Lord, You brought joy into my life today!  Thank You!  I'm working to stay out of Your way, but that doesn't always happen.  Forgive me, but help me to learn to surrender to You in all things.

3) You know how it is when you ask and ask and ask God for something.  It's been hours!  It's been days!  It's been weeks!  It's been months!! Well, you get the idea.  Like a small child you are persistent.  Remembering that Paul tells us to pray constantly, you ask and ask and ask.
Then, we have an answer to our prayer, but it is clearly not in the way we hoped it would be.

Disappointed?  Well, maybe not.  This is an interesting turn of events.  Thinking back to what we wanted, we realize that what we wanted might have backfired, and all of our plans and preparation might have been a waste of time and talent.
Ooooops!  Looks like God had my back on that one.

Thank You, Jesus!  You held me in the palm of Your Blessed Crucified Hands.  I am safe, in spite of myself!

Praise to You, Father God, Creator!
Praise to You, Lord Jesus Christ!
Praise to You, Holy Spirit!  

Thy Kingdom come.  Thy Will be done!
On earth, as it is in Heaven!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment