St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

"Come Follow Me," Jesus said. Use the Internet to Evangelize. Pinterest:: 5 ways to use your boards!

Jesus said it many times,
"Follow Me."

 "He called the crowd with his disciples, and said to them, “If any want to become my followers, let them deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."
Matthew 8:34



 And he said to them, “Follow me, and I will make you fish for people.”
Matthew 4:19


Pope Francis, on the other hand, continues to exhort us 
"Avanti,"
which means "Go forth."


"The need for the church to go out into the world with the Gospel also was the central theme of this first apostolic exhortation, Evangelii Gaudium ("The Joy of the Gospel"), published in November, 2014.)
In the document, the pope called on Catholics to go out into the world, sharing their faith "with enthusiasm and vitality" by being living examples of joy, love and charity."

Pope Francis is also quoted as saying, "The Internet, in particular, offers immense possibilities for encounter and solidarity."

So, how do we use the internet for the purpose of evangelization?

We can literally ask people to
"Follow Me."
Here's the link to my Pinterest Page.
Click 


Follow Me.

When you get to my boards, you will see that I have 49 different boards.  
Not all of them relate to my Catholicism,
but the first ones you see will relate.
My blogs are the first boards you see.
I have one blog that is dedicated to beads, my family, my dog, etc.
Even there, I do try to sneak in a bit of Catholicity.
My other blogs are featured there.
They are Catholic.  If you click on the photo, they will take you to the unique post of that blog.
Feel free to PIN my posts.  This gets the post out there again.
The first 9 boards on my page are all Catholic related.
"The Good Sisters," "Pope Francis," "Per Cor Dei/Religious Art," "Prayer" and "Words of Wisdom."
When people click on these boards, or when they follow these boards, they are seeing what my Catholicism means to me.
After these first 9 boards, I have a variety of boards, none of which are Catholic, but they are fun and interesting.
 People follow these boards, too.

If you're on Pinterest already, you understand what I mean.
People follow you because they are interested in what you PIN.
They also repin your Pins, so THE WORD, literally keeps going out to believers and non-believers.

 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was in the beginning with God.  All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being  in him was life, and the life was the light of all people.  The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it."
John 1: 1-5

They might not like my first 9 boards, but they have other choices.
They might check the Catholic boards again, just to see...
That might be the way that Jesus is saying,
FOLLOW ME.

There might be better, more attractive ways to arrange my boards, and I do keep working on them.

1) Remember that your cover photo is very important for each board.
Choose one that will attract other people and spike their interest in your boards.

2) Before you make a board public make sure you have at least 12 items on the board.
You want to someone to spend a little time on your board clicking away and repinning your pins.

3) Names are also important for your boards.
It might take a lot of inspiration from the Holy Spirit, but you will find a name.
Renaming my religious art board was done with the help of friends on Facebook.
(Social Media at work again.)
I renamed my board,
Per Cor Dei/Religious Art.
Per Cor Dei translated from Latin means,
From the Heart of God.
I like that one!

4) Arrange your boards so that your Catholic boards are the first ones that a follower might see.

5) Keep editing your boards until you are satisfied with them.  I'm rarely satisfied with my boards, but that's my problem.   Pinterest is a visual pin board that you can use digitally.  Carry it with you on your phone.  Use it on your tablet.  Social media is the way to go in most of our lives right now.  So,

 Use Social Media!
Evangelize!
Don't be Afraid!
You Follow Him!
Help Others to do the Same.

Remember, we are all
Per Cor Dei
or from the Heart of God!

PS:  One other suggestion, Pope Francis boards get a lot of PINS and RePINS!
 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment