St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Worth Revisiting: Sometimes God Needs to Remind You

My ankle seems to be healing, but I can't fit into my shoes.  Wearing slippers is my new norm since the fall down the stairs.  I'd rather be wearing my shoes, but even loose sandals are  impossible because of the swelling in my foot.  I have been embarrassed wearing my slippers, especially when attending Mass.  

This morning, as I hobbled into church before morning Mass, I met a friend who saw me limping, and, of course, wearing my slippers.  She asked me what happened.  I told her the story, with a touch of whining, looking for a bit of sympathy.  At the end of the story I added, "and I've had to wear my slippers to church twice." 

Julia looked me straight in the eyes and said, "Well, praise God.  At least you're here."  She smiled and went on her way.  "Praise God."  Oh, my, a moment of humility enveloped me.  "At least, you're here."  Yes, I was at Mass.  I was able to drive.  I was able to get to church without help.  I didn't break a hip or any other bone.  Yes, "Praise God."  I entered Church ready for Mass.

Later in the morning, I went to our local Post Office.  Laurie was there manning her desk.  She saw me limp in wearing my slippers.  Laurie asked me what happened.  I told the story again adding, "and I've had to wear my slippers to church, twice now." 

Laurie looked me square in the eye and said, "At least, you were able to go to church."  Oh, my!  God, being God,  reminded me again.  "Be grateful.  It could have been much worse."  I smiled and left again enveloped in His gift of humility.   Sometimes God reminds me  of what I should already know.

Thank You, Lord Jesus.  Thank You for reminding me of Your Unending Love.  Thank you for giving me these moments of humility.  I was not grateful, but now, I am.  I do praise You!  I thank You!  My Lord, My God, My All!

No comments:

Post a Comment