St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, May 18, 2015

A Rosary to Pray and A Rosary to Give

If you haven't guessed it, 
the beast behind the rosaries is my purse.
In front, you see my rosaries.
 
I always carry two rosaries with me.
One I use to pray.
One I use to give away.

Can you guess which of the two 
Rosaries I use?

In this case,
it's not the pink.
I was given the other rosary by a friend in a time of great stress and sorrow for me.
I treasure the Rosary and what it represents to me.

It was a gift of love.



I hope that the recipients of my
"Rosary to Give"
feel the same way.

I have given rosaries to family and friends.
I have given rosaries to complete strangers.
Most of them seemed very grateful.

One young man, who was my seatmate on a flight from Chicago to home,
was full of chatter, and it was pleasant chatter.
He told me that he had just come from his girlfriend's home in Washington DC.
He said that it was great to see her.
Since it was a Sunday, I asked him if he had been to Mass that day.
(I guessed correctly, inspired by the Holy Spirit.  He was a Catholic.)
He was honest and said that he had not been to Mass in a very long time.
He went on to tell me that his mom and grandma had been praying for him to return to the
Church for ages.
He did not feel the need to attend any kind of religious services.

I asked him if he had a Rosary.
He just smiled and said no.
Luckily, my give away Rosary, at that time, was a dark colored rosary that I had made out of twine.

I handed him the Rosary, and I told him that it had been blessed.
This young man, and I don't know his name, teared up.

He said, "My mom would love you."
I just smiled.
I asked him if he remembered how to pray the Rosary.
He said that he did not.
As luck would have it, though I don't know if he considered it luck,
I had a pamphlet with me that showed how to pray the rosary and all the decades of the rosary.
I gave it to him.

He still had tears in his eyes.
This young man was very polite.
He folded up the pamphlet and put it in his pocket.
He held on to the Rosary until we landed, then he put the Rosary into his pocket.

I don't know what happened to him.
I've never seen him again.
I hope he is praying the Rosary frequently.

When I got home, I found another Rosary, and put that in my purse to give away.

No comments:

Post a Comment