St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Friday, September 12, 2014

7 Quick Takes - It's been a Week!



 Putting a pet down has to be one of the most courageous acts a "pet parent" can perform in the life of an animal.  This is Walter.  He was naughty, he was loving, and he was the most curious cat my daughter has ever owned.  Sadly, in a very short and unexpected time, Walter developed fluid in his lungs.  The cause was probably cancer.  The vet didn't know for sure.  All he could assure my daughter was that Walter would not last until the weekend and that he would die a painful death.  Sadly, she had seen him decline, so last Friday, a week ago, Walter crossed over to the rainbow bridge where he runs with Oliver, Bailey, Spike, and Pinky.  He had the most beautiful green eyes.  We miss you, Walter,  You were a good cat.



It's very common here in Minnesota, that we go from summer one day, to temperatures well below the normal.  We went from a hot humid 85 degrees to a very cool, 46 in the morning and 57 by 3 pm.  This is the time of year when you leave the house with a jacket or sweater and come home carrying your outer wear in a bundle.  You see sandals with socks and sneakers without socks.  You leave in the morning with a chill and come home sweating.  Oh, autumn, I have mixed emotions about you!!!



Father Peter Rookey died in the early hours of September 10 surrounded by his brothers at Our Lady of Sorrows Monastery in Chicago, IL.  He would have been 98 later this month.  He had been a priest for 73 years.  He was 97 when he died.  Father Rookey had been given the gift of healing.  He used it often in his ministry.  He always gave credit to God.  He said that God healed, he didn't.  Father Rookey was the author of the Miracle Prayer.
His directions were to say the prayer every day until you meant each word.  At that point you will have changed.

Lord Jesus, I come before you just as I am.  I am sorry for my sins.  I repent of my sins, please forgive me.  In your name I forgive all others for what they have done against me.  I renounce satan, the evil spirits and all their works.  I give you my entire self, Lord Jesus, now and forever.  I invite you into my life, Jesus.  I accept you as my Lord, God and Saviour.  Heal me, change me, strengthen me in body, soul and spirit.

Come, Lord Jesus, cover me with your precious blood, and fill me with your Holy Spirit.  I Love You, Lord Jesus.  I Praise You, Jesus.  I Thank You, Jesus.  I shall follow you every day of my life.  Amen.

Mary, my mother, Queen of Peace, St. Peregrine, the cancer saint, all you Angels and Saints, please help me.  Amen.


May Father Rookey's soul and all the souls of God's faithful departed, through His Loving and Infinite Mercy, rest in God's Arms.  Amen.



I'm back to making beads and bead experiments.  Since I can't make my lampwork glass beads right now, I am working in polymer clay.  When I work with polymer, I get a lot of exercise shaping, cutting and conditioning the clay.  Photos next week.


 One morning, as I walked Pixie, this raccoon was under a tree in front of a home.  It didn't look good at the time.  The raccoon was almost performing a dance, or so it seemed.  That afternoon as I walked past the same tree, the raccoon was still there.  This was late in the afternoon.  Kids had walked by.  Adults had walked by.  This sidewalk is fairly busy during the day, and this raccoon was still there.  When I saw him the second time, he had rolled down the hill.  He didn't seem to have the strength to move beyond what he was doing.  This time, I called Animal Control.  When I walked Pixie later, the raccoon was gone.  I don't know what happened.  I assume that this creature was picked up by animal control.  I hope it's ok, but it was probably sick or injured.  Death comes to us all.


We again remembered 9-11, that dreadful day in which 3,000 lives were lost at the hands of terrorists. 
We must always remember, but we must also forgive. 

May all the souls of the faithful departed through God's loving and infinite mercy, rest in peace.
Amen.







Pope Francis reminds us to pray for peace.

Now, Lord, come to our aid! Grant us peace, teach us peace; guide our steps in the way of peace. Open our eyes and our hearts, and give us the courage to say: “Never again war!”; “With war everything is lost”. Instil in our hearts the courage to take concrete steps to achieve peace.




For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment