St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Fly A Little Higher - A Journey Through Cancer written by Laura Sobeich

Zack wrote a song called "Clouds" even as he knew he was dying.

It was just one of those books that popped up on the screen.  I clicked on it to learn a bit more about the book.  I learned the book was written by the mother of a young man who, at age 18, died from a cancer called Osteosarcoma.  The family lives in Minnesota, and the young man, Zack Sobiech became famous for a song he wrote before he died called “Clouds.” 

I sat looking at the screen.  I remember telling myself that this was not a book for me to read.  One of my children, though an adult, has a cancer called multiple myeloma. I felt that this book would make me feel worse than I was that day.  I closed my iPad, but when I came back, I went back to this book.  I finally clicked on the button, “Buy with one Click.”  I downloaded the book and began to read.  I AM SO GLAD THAT I READ THIS BOOK!

This book is the story of faith in action.  The Sobiech family is a Catholic family from Stillwater, MN.  Although dragged through the depths of this cancer journey, the Sobiech family grew in faith and their trust in God increased.  Laura, the Mom of Zack Sobiech, faced the challenges of Zach’s cancer saying,”This is for your honor and glory, Lord.”  She stepped aside and let God do the work.  That is not to say that the days were all joyful.  They weren’t.  There were many bad days to go with the good ones.  Yet, Zach never lost faith.  He chose to live instead of waiting to die.

This book is well written and a fascinating read.  I had a hard time putting the book down!  Yes, I did cry at times, but I also rejoiced with the family, and I enjoyed the humor of the moments of life that Zack chose to live.  For example, when Zach found out his life would probably only last a few more months, he told his mother, “Well, I guess I can quit doing homework now!” 

If I were to recommend one book for you to read, I would recommend this book to you.  I was empowered by reading it.  Zach was right.  You have to live each moment as if it were going to be your last, and live he did!  Zack left behind a legacy of love, kindness, and living in the present.  Was the book a downer?  Not hardly.  This book was a work of love by Laura Sobiech. 
I’m so glad I pressed the “Buy with one click button.”

No comments:

Post a Comment