St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, February 8, 2016

The Experiment Began Almost a Year Ago...

After a year of promptings,
last February I began to 
veil at Church.
Here's the article I wrote about my decision.

Since that time,
which is noted on my blog as
I began to veil at Church,
usually Mass.

The time since childhood has passed quickly.
I ceased to veil in the 60's.
I remembered the beautiful mantillas and chapel veils we used to wear.
If we forgot, sometimes, a clean kleenex was attached to my head with a bobby pin.
That was desparation.

Now, as an adult, I have returned to veiling.
A few other older women at church have done the same.
What amazes me is that some of the college aged students have also begun to veil at Mass.
One of the young women told me that, after seeing those of us in church who veiled at Mass,
she felt comfortable veiling along with us!

Why did I decide, after all these years, to return to veiling?
There were two reasons.
1) For a year before I began to veil, the Holy Spirit began to inspire me with thoughts of the veil.
2) I wanted to honor Jesus, present in the tabernacle, with an attempt at humility.
(Humility is not my strength.)

What are the results of this experiment?
1) I feel very comfortable veiling at Mass, even if I am worshiping God at another Catholic Church. a
2) I veil even when I lector at Mass.
3) Other women at church have returned to the practice of veiling.
4) I have grown spiritually, even though, humility is still not my strength.
5) I find quiet in the shield of the veil.  

Do you veil?
What do you think of women who veil?



No comments:

Post a Comment