I make Rosary Bracelets and give them away at Church.
We have a basket placed at each exit of the church,
we put the the bracelets in the basket.
The bracelets are put into a plastic bag with a note.
Our pastor has already blessed the bracelets so they are good to go.
I make both
the full rosary
one decade rosaries.
(It seems that the 1 decade rosary is the most popular one right now.)
We encourage people to pray the rosary daily.
Here's how to make a very easy rosary bracelet for yourself, a friend, or your Church.
Please remember to have your priest bless your bracelet.
What you will need.
1) Tools: Memory Wire cutters or your wire cutters that you don't use for making jewelry. Cutting Memory Wire with your good jewelry pliers will ruin the pliers. You also need some round nose pliers and a pair of flat nose pliers.
2) Memory wire
3) Beads of your choice. Where do I buy my beads? I buy when beads are really cheap at Michael's or Hobby Lobby. I haunt thrift stores for old jewelry that I take apart and use. I also make my own beads. The sizes of beads depends on your preferences.
4) A muffin tin helps to keep your beads organized.
6) Seed beads.
7) (Not pictured) Small crosses or crucifixes.
How to make a One Decade Rosary.
To Make a Five Decade Rosary, you just increase the number of loops you cut off the memory wire and increase the number of beads you use.
(For a 1 decade rosary you will need: 16 beads + 1 cross + seed beads)
(For a 5 decade rosary you will need: 59 beads + 1 cross + seed beads)
1) Using your memory wire cutters, cut 1 loop of the memory wire so that the circle overlaps about 1/2 inch on each side.
To make a 5 decade rosary, cut 4 continuous loops of memory wire, so that the memory wire overlaps about a 1/2 inch on each side.
2) Using your round nose pliers, make a loop on one end of the memory wire.
3) Depending on the size of your beads, add 3-5 seed beads + 1 larger bead + 3 seed beads.
4) Add 10 of your larger beads + 3 seed beads + 1 larger bead + enough beads to come close to the end of the wire. You'll need a little bit over 1/4" memory wire for the end. With what remains of the memory wire, using your round nose pliers, make a loop at the end of the wire, but don't close it yet.
Add a small cross to the end of the loop. Close the loop.
5) Have your rosary bracelet blessed by a Catholic Priest.
6) Pray the rosary daily.