St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Asking for Prayers

Pope Francis' trip to America was marked, at each stop, by a request for prayers.
He asked for prayers from the believers,
and he asked for good wishes or thoughts from those who did not believe.

Blessings upon blessings.
Graces upon grace.

Do you ever follow the Pope's example and ask for prayers?

I do, 
all the time!
 I firmly believe that I am broken.
Prayer is the glue.
Jesus is the Divine Healer.
He mends the broken with prayer.



Of course, not everyone will pray for you, even though, they have good intentions.
I frequently forget to pray for those who have asked. 
It's then that I say,
"Lord, I know I'm not remembering everyone.  Please bring to mind those for whom I need to pray, and for those whom I have forgotten to pray,
bless them.  You know them by name.
Please bless them."
 
On the other side of the coin, I am not shy about asking for prayers.
 If someone offers to put me on a prayer chain, my answer is always 
YES!
If someone says, "I'm praying for you," I do a little dance.
If someone sends me good wishes, well, I'd rather have prayers, but I'll take the blessing of good wishes.
Prayer is joyful to me,
both prayers received and prayers given.

We are in the community of the world.
If you'll pray for me, I'll pray for you, and if you don't pray for me, I'll still pray for you!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment