St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Monday, July 13, 2015

Trust Me! Trust Me!! Trust Me!

Public Domain
Jesus summoned the Twelve and began to send them out two by two
and gave them authority over unclean spirits.
He instructed them to take nothing for the journey
but a walking stick—
no food, no sack, no money in their belts.
They were, however, to wear sandals
but not a second tunic.
He said to them,
“Wherever you enter a house, stay there until you leave.
Whatever place does not welcome you or listen to you,
leave there and shake the dust off your feet
in testimony against them.”
So they went off and preached repentance.
The Twelve drove out many demons,
and they anointed with oil many who were sick and cured them.
Mark 6: 7-13
Gospel Reading for the 15th Sunday in Ordinary time


When I heard this reading at Mass, I seemed to hear a very loud whisper within me.

"Trust Me!  Trust Me! Trust Me!
I took care of my Apostles.
I will take care of you."

As life takes an unwelcome turn in an unwelcome direction, 
"Trust Me."
As the challenges of this new and unwelcome turn happen,
"Trust Me."
The journey is frightening.
The journey's end is not known.
"Trust Me."

The Prayer of Mother Teresa

"Jesus in my heart, I trust in Your Tender Love for me."

The Divine Mercy

"Jesus, I trust in You."

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment