St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Trust

Can we rely on the sun setting and rising?
Most of the time, yes.
The heavens are ordered to God's time,
not ours.
We rely on the sun to tell us when the day has begun and when it ends.
We learned that when the sun rises, 
it is day.
We learned that when the sun sets,
it's night.
God made time for us,
not for Him,
and 
it is good.

However,
millions of years ago, a meteor hit the earth
raising dust that blanketed the earth, causing a winter,
killing the dinosaurs and other creatures in the impact area,
and darkness prevailed across the earth. 
This was in God's time as He chose for new species to evolve.
The time was still God's time,
not ours.
This could happen again, but we don't know.
We can only trust.

Trust.
Like the cat who is sleeping without fear.
Trust
that God knows more than we do and has a plan for our lives, our world, our salvation.
Trust.

For me,
I need to put down the burden of the world on my shoulders.
I can't fix it, so I need to learn to trust.
I need to know that if a meteor hits the world and destroys life as we know it,
it's okay.
God knows.
God knows.

Our world is enveloped in darkness.
There are pin points of light in the darkness, and it is through these small pockets of light that God will work.
He has already defeated the cause of darkness,
and the evil one hates this.
satan's time is limited, but God's time is not.

No matter what, we have to trust.
We have to trust in the darkness.
We have to trust in the light.
We simply have to keep our eyes on Jesus who is the light of heaven.
We have to pray and trust.

God's thoughts are not our thoughts.
God's ways are not our ways,
and that's all right.

Lord, like that silly little cat, teach me to trust in You.  I place this heavy cross that I carry before You.
I invite you into my life to heal me and teach me to trust You.
I offer my rosaries to You and through Your Mother's Immaculate Heart,
I bind my children, our world, and me to You.
Jesus, I trust in You.
Jesus, I trust in Your Tender Love for Me.
(Blessed Mother Theresa)
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment