St. Michael Prayer

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do, thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God, cast into hell satan and all of the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Glory to God in the Highest!

Thursday, February 19, 2015

What to do? What to do?

I had a "Sister Friend," Sister Sharon who has joined the Lord in Heaven.  (I'm sure she can be found in the heavenly library reading as we speak with many of her angel friends!)
Each Lent, she would give up
"sweets" for Lent.
She was so good about her sacrifice, and I could never entice her to break that promise for Lent.
She chose that cross for Lent and she stuck to it.

So, what are you going to give up for Lent?

I have decided to add three things to my spiritual practices.

1) I am going to practice the veiling devotion.
I will wear a veil each time I am in the presence of Jesus whether at Mass or at Adoration or in Church.
I plan to wear this veil as a gift to Jesus so that I can be more attentive to Him and develop more humility.
(I remember gladly shedding the hats and chapel veils.)
Looks like I'm being called to return.

2) I am going to keep a Lenten Journal.
I have no idea what I will write.
 CLICK
to see the start of it.

3) I will keep one hour of silence per week to give to the Lord.
This will be hard.
If you know me, you know that I have a difficult time with silence.  





No comments:

Post a Comment